Pictures

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Michael Johns


Michael is a junior at Trinity Valley School and enjoys running track and cross country. He serves as President of the Political Club and was a founding member of the Debate Team. His interest in Finance led him to seek an internship with a financial firm over the past two summers and he hopes to study Finance and Economics in college.






Reflection

The knowledge gained from understanding significant economic events is invaluable. The challenge, however, lies in ensuring that as many people as possible can understand and benefit from these events. My presentation was the culmination of research surrounding the singular goal of making the 2008 Financial Crisis easy to comprehend. TEDx challenged me to give a presentation that could be understood by someone with no financial background (like many Americans.) I learned to see a historical event from a different perspective, and this perspective allowed me to give a comprehensible presentation. The best TED Talks are the ones that have passion, and anyone wishing to create and present their own should do exactly that: find their passion and share it with the world. Mine is Finance. What is yours?

1 comment:

  1. I am almost 30 years old and I had no idea what the heck was going on with the complex issue of the housing bubble popping. Thanks to this high school junior (who by the way is actually a very old soul who is more like 47 not 17), helped me greatly.

    Thank you Johns. I trust you will learn from the past in such a way to not be swoon by the money you could gain off people. I hope you use this wisdom to share with others and cultivate a new culture not built on greed.

    ReplyDelete