Pictures

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Annie Jacobs and Colleen Houston


Annie is a sophomore at Trinity Valley School. She plays club soccer and is an enthusiastic cross country runner. She has studied Spanish in Mexico for the past two summers and spent ten days in Costa Rica on an Outward Bound trip. She currently serves as sophomore class president and hopes to someday have a career involving international work and travel. Colleen is a junior at Trinity Valley. She is a member of the varsity cheer squad, as well as a member in Community Service Club, Sustainability Club, Home Ec Club, and Book Club. She hopes to study health sciences in college and pursue becoming a dietician.



Reflection

Working on my Ted talk was a true pleasure because I was acquiring new knowledge the entire way. The majority of my research and preparation for my talk "Solving the Hunger Gap" came from a book called "Waste: Uncovering the Global Food Scandal" (by Tristam Stuart). This book was truly enlightening and gave me the information I needed for my presentation. It also touched me personally because it went into depth about the problems and consequences that arise from wasting food. Due to busy schedules, it was a little difficult to find time to rehearse the talk with my partner, Colleen, but in the end it all worked out! I would definelty like to do another Ted talk next year!! Annie Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment